Greetings Humans, I see you want to play against the ProBot Champions! Well, I am here to help you get set up so that you’ll be playing those bots in no time to save humanity!
Last Updated: 2022/12/12
How to play against the ProBots
- If you don’t already, you’ll need to make sure StarCraft II is installed (It’s free)
- Download the Probots Vs Human App
- Unzip the SC2AIapp.zip into a folder
- Add the maps to your StarCraft 2 Folder (see below)
How to Add The Bot Maps
The Bots require certain modified maps to run. So you’ll need to make sure you have the AI Edition maps in your StarCraft Maps folder.
- Download The Bot Maps: 2022 Season 3 Maps
- Open the Blizzard Client
- Select the StarCraft II Tab
- Click Options (looks like a cog beside Play)
- Locate and Navigate to your StarCraft II Install Location
- Open StarCraft II Folder
- Open the Maps Folder OR Create the folder Maps if it doesn’t already exist
- Place the map files into the folder
Playing the Bots
- Extract the SC2AIApp from the Zip File
- Open SC2AIApp >>> SC2AIApp
- Click on SC2AIApp.exe
- Click on the tab Play vs Bot
- Select Your Map
- Select your Opponent Bot
- Select Your Race
- Type your Name
- Click Launch
|Setup Your Settings First: Your regular StarCraft 2 settings don’t carry over, and there is no pause function in this app. Select Dummy Bot first to set up your StarCraft 2 settings to your preference before playing your bot of choice. Your settings will save for playing bots going forward.
- Your game client will launch 2 windows. 1 of them will be yours and one of them will belong to the bot.
- You won’t be able to pause the game
- You will be able to hear the bot’s sound, click on its window and hit Control + S to disable its sound
To disable music hit Control + M
- Click on your window and hit ALT + Enter to make it fullscreen
|Attention: Currently there is a bug in the app that will lead to replays of the same name overriding each other rather than keeping both. To avoid this, if you wish play the same bot on the same map, make sure to rename the first replay beforehand.
If you use custom hotkeys, you’ll need to move your hotkey file
- Hotkeys : To get your hotkeys to work you need to copy your hotkeys file(<myhotkeyname>.SC2Hotkeys) from: “ Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts/######/Hotkeys ” to: “ Documents/StarCraft II/Hotkeys ”
- If the folder isn’t there: create it.
No Additional Downloads Required for This Season
Submit Your Replays To Be Casted At The Finals
Finding Your Replays
StarCraft 2 keeps a record of Replays played in the folder called “Multiplayer” your replays will be located there!
To get there navigate to your StarCraft 2 replay folder located in your Windows Documents, by default will look like this: C:\Users\<Windows Profile Name>\Documents\StarCraft II\Replays\Multiplayer
The Games against the bots will look like [Map Name] AIE.SC2Replay
- Rename your replay to include your league– Example : CaerwynvMicroMachine-2000atmosphere_Gold. This helps with choosing games to be casted
- Please also include games you lose, the bots know how many games they’ve played