Greetings Humans, I see you want to play against the ProBot Champions! Well, I am here to help you get set up so that you’ll be playing those bots in no time to save humanity!
Last Updated: 2022-04-30
How to play against the ProBots
- If you don’t already, you’ll need to make sure StarCraft II is installed (It’s free)
- Download the Probots Vs Human App
- Unzip the SC2AIapp.zip into a folder
- Add the maps to your StarCraft 2 Folder (see below)
How to Add The Bot Maps
The Bots require certain modified maps to run. So you’ll need to make sure you have the AI Edition maps in your StarCraft Maps folder.
- Download The Bot Maps: 2022 Season 1 Maps
- Open the Blizzard Client
- Select the StarCraft II Tab
- Click Options (looks like a cog beside Play)
- Locate and Navigate to your StarCraft II Install Location
- Open StarCraft II Folder
- Open the Maps Folder OR Create the folder Maps if it doesn’t already exist
- Place the map files into the folder
Playing the Bots
- Extract the SC2AIApp from the Zip File
- Open SC2AIApp >>> SC2AIApp
- Click on SC2AIApp.exe
- Click on the tab Play vs Bot
- Select Your Map
- Select your Opponent Bot
- Select Your Race
- Type your Name
- Click Launch
- Your game client will launch 2 windows. 1 of them will be yours and one of them will belong to the bot.
- You won’t be able to pause the game
- You will be able to hear the bot’s sound, click on its window and hit Control + S to disable its sound
To disable music hit Control + M
- Click on your window and hit ALT + Enter to make it fullscreen
If you use custom hotkeys, you’ll need to move your hotkey file
- Hotkeys : To get your hotkeys to work you need to copy your hotkeys file(<myhotkeyname>.SC2Hotkeys) from: “ Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts/######/Hotkeys ” to: “ Documents/StarCraft II/Hotkeys ”
- If the folder isn’t there: create it.
Tyr may require additional downloads to function, if this is the case Download .NET core 2.1 runtime
Submit Your Replays To Be Casted At The Finals
Finding Your Replays
Within the SC2AIApp folder, there is another folder called “Replays” your replays will be located there!
- Rename your replay to include your league– Example : CaerwynvMicroMachine-2000atmosphere_Gold. This helps with choosing games to be casted
- Please also include games you lose, the bots know how many games they’ve played